Concerning the SLC
An ongoing process Approach to Writing Analysis Papers
(adapted from analysis Paper Guide, aim Loma Nazarene University, 2010)
Step one: Be a Strategic Reader and Scholar
Also before your paper is assigned, make use of the tools you’ve been provided by your teacher and GSI, and produce tools you should use later on.
Begin to see the handout “Be a customwriting org Strategic Reader and Scholar” to find out more.
Step two: Understand the Project
- Free subject option or assigned?
- Style of paper: Informative? Persuasive? Other?
- Any terminology in project not yet determined?
- Library research required or needed? Simply how much?
- exactly exactly What model of citation is necessary?
- Can you break the project into components?
- Whenever will each part is done by you?
- Will you be needed or permitted to collaborate along with other people in the course?
- Other unique instructions or demands?
Step three: Choose a subject
- Find an interest which
- passions you
- you understand one thing about
- you are able to research effortlessly
- Write out brainstorm and topic.
- Select your paper’s topic that is specific this brainstorming list.
- In a phrase or paragraph that is short describe what you think your paper is all about.
Step four: Initial Preparing, Research, and Outlining
- the type of one’s audience
- some ideas & information you currently have
- sources it is possible to consult
- history reading you need to do