Proxy voting ensures that if you’ren’t in a position to throw your vote face-to-face, you could have someone you trust cast your vote for your needs.
Am I entitled to vote by proxy?
Whoever is registered can put on for a vote that is proxy.
Whenever you apply for a proxy vote you have to supply a explanation. It is possible to submit an application for a proxy vote if:
- you might be not able to go directly to the polling section for just one election that is particular for instance, if you may be away on vacation
- you’ve got a physical condition that means you simply cannot go to the polling section on election time
- your work implies that you can’t go right to the polling section on election time
- your attendance for a academic program ensures that you simply can’t go right to the polling section on election time
- you might be a citizen that is british overseas
- you may be a person in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces
The individual you want to appoint as your proxy can just only behave as proxy they are (or will be) registered for that election or referendum if they are 18 or over (at Scottish Parliamentary and local government elections only this is 16 or over) and.
An individual can’t be a proxy for longer than two different people at any one election or referendum, unless they truly are a close general.
Do i have to use once more if i’ve changed address?
Yes. You will need to make a new application to vote by post or by proxy – your voting preference will not be carried forward to your new target in the event that you change target. ادامه مطلب …